Notify is a go library for interacting with the dbus notification service defined by freedesktop.org:
https://developer.gnome.org/notification-spec/notify can deliver desktop notifications over dbus, ala how libnotify does it.
Please note notify is still in motion and APIs are not locked until a 1.0 is released.
More testers are very welcome =)
- v0.9.0: some breaking changes
- v0.2.1: dbus: gomod: lock to dbus v5
- v0.2.0: Notifier.Close() no longer calls .Close() on the underlying dbus.Conn
See example: main.go.
Clone repo and go to examples folder:
go run main.go
- [x] Add callback support aka dbus signals.
- [ ] Tests. I am very interested in any ideas for writing some (useful) tests for this.