Go-hdb is a native Go (golang) HANA database driver for Go’s sql package. It implements the SAP HANA SQL command network protocol:
For the official SAP HANA client Go support (not this database driver) please see SAP Help Portal.
go get github.com/SAP/go-hdb/driver
To build go-hdb you need to have a working Go environment with version 1.14 or higher installed.
API documentation and documented examples can be found at https://godoc.org/github.com/SAP/go-hdb/driver.
To run the driver tests a HANA Database server is required. The test user must have privileges to create database schemas.
go test -dsn hdb://user:password@host:port
- Native Go implementation (no C libraries, CGO).
- Go http://golang.org/pkg/database/sql package compliant.
- Support of database/sql/driver Execer and Queryer interface for parameter free statements and queries.
- Support of bulk inserts.
- Support of UTF-8 to / from CESU-8 encodings for HANA Unicode types.
- Built-in support of HANA decimals as Go rational numbers http://golang.org/pkg/math/big.
- Support of Large Object streaming.
- Support of Stored Procedures with table output parameters.
- Support of TLS TCP connections.
- Support of little-endian (e.g. amd64) and big-endian architectures (e.g. s390x).
- Support of driver connector.
- Support of PBKDF2 authentication as default and standard user / password as fallback.