pdfcpu: a golang pdf processor
pdfcpu is a simple PDF processing library written in Go supporting encryption. It provides both an API and a CLI. Supported are all versions up to PDF 1.7 (ISO-32000).
This is an effort to build a comprehensive PDF processing library from the ground up written in Go. Over time pdfcpu aims to support the standard range of PDF processing features and also any interesting use cases that may present themselves along the way.
The main focus lies on strong support for batch processing and scripting via a rich command line. At the same time pdfcpu wants to make it easy to integrate PDF processing into your Go based backend system by providing a robust command set.
- change owner password
- change user password
The main entry point is pdfcpu.io.
There you will find explanations of all the commands, their parameters and examples which use the CLI because this makes it easier to understand how the commands work. Even if you want to dive right into pdfcpu backend integration it is highly recommended to read the docs first.
- Rudimentory support for AES-256 encryption as laid out in Adobe® Supplement to the ISO 32000 BaseVersion: 1.7 ExtensionLevel: 3
- Fixes #88
Always make sure your work is based on the latest commit!
pdfcpu is still Alpha - bugfixes are committed on the fly and will be mentioned on the next release notes.
(using older version with a smaller command set)
There are no dependencies outside the Go standard library other than
Required go version for building: go1.10 and up
go get bitbucket.org/silviolucasfilho/pdfcpu/cmd/... cd $GOPATH/src/bitbucket.org/silviolucasfilho/pdfcpu/cmd/pdfcpu go install pdfcpu version
Using Go Modules (go1.11 and up)
git clone https://bitbucket.org/silviolucasfilho/pdfcpu cd pdfcpu/cmd/pdfcpu go install pdfcpu ve
- Please open an issue if you find a bug or want to propose a change.
- Feature requests - always welcome!
- Bug fixes - always welcome!
- PRs - also welcome, although I can’t promise a merge-in right now.
- pdfcpu is stable but still Alpha and occasionally undergoing heavy changes.
- If you want to report a bug please attach the very verbose (
pdfcpu cmd -vv ...) output and ideally a test PDF that you can share.
- Always make sure your contribution is based on the latest commit.
- Please sign your commits.
- Please sign the CLA before you submit a PR.
Code of Conduct
Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.
Usage of pdfcpu assumes you know about and respect all copyrights of any PDF content you may be processing. This applies to the PDF files as such, their content and in particular all embedded resources like font files or images. Credit goes to Renee French for creating our beloved Gopher.